- I like to listen to podcasts while I work, as they keep my brain from leaking out of my ears and (unlike with most movies and TV) I don't actually miss anything by not watching them, seeing as they're...you know, audio. In the course of this, I have listened to an ungodly amount of This American Life. I've taken to searching for contributors I particularly like -- David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Starlee Kein -- and then plowing my way through whatever comes up. From what I can tell there have been 363 episodes so far, and I'm...kind of worried I'm going to run out? Yeah. YEAH. THAT IS A LOT OF THIS AMERICAN LIFE.
- I have fallen back in love with the story I've been working on with foxysquid
. Not that I ever fell OUT of love with it, but I just cleaned up some old illustrations I drew for it (yes, I know) and I was listening to the soundtracks I made for it (YES, I KNOW) and then I spent a lot of time sort of sitting around and sighing dreamily.
- I've been drawing an awful lot of bookmarks. I like how they're coming out, but I hope they end up being worth the time investment -- my justification for putting Chronin aside for a couple weeks while I do con prep is that while I MAY in some DISTANT FUTURE make a few thousand dollars off of Chronin's sales (IF IT IS FABULOUSLY SUCCESSFUL AND SELLS OUT ITS ENTIRE PRINT RUN, MIND YOU) I could really use some extra cash right now. I've been extremely conservative with ordering prints, I'm putting a lot of thought into the bookmarks....we'll see I guess?
- Which reminds me of a thing that I've been having sort of an issue with lately. I'm having a difficult time believing in the likelihood of my own success. Like...you know, I think I'll be OKAY. I'm not too worried about being a total failure, that's just silly. But I'm not wholly convinced I'll break even with expenses for Providence Anime Con and Manga Next. I entered the vidding context at AWA, and have been going a little mad waiting for the results to be posted, but I don't really think that I won anything. I'm working on a fic right now (though not much, since I have so much else to do) that I'm really excited about, but I'm not really expecting anyone to read it. It takes a lot out of me to be hopeful and then have those hopes not amount to anything. Other stuff's going really well -- some freelance I'm doing for NickMag (which I'll go back to once I post this, actually...) the pages I've drawn for Chronin, some promising leads that I need to follow up on...you know, not bad! But dammit...DAMMIT AWA JUST POST THE FUCKING CONTEST RESULTS ALREADY D:
- On the other hand, few things are as satisfying as ordering giant-ass prints of your own artwork. Who cares if no one wants to buy my 12"x18" Mulan and Mirai prints? I CAN JUST HANG THEM IN MY OFFICE.
- Minx was canceled.
Man. That really really sucks.
- I am incredibly irritated about last night's Project Runway.
- I remain undecided on David Cook's new single.