I apologise ahead of time for the fact that this (and all future) London Post will probably be incredibly dull. It's just that I never keep proper travel diaries, and thus inevitably forget half of what I've done....so I thought it was better to have a lame record of events than none at all.
The trip so far...Monday
- Slept for three hours, realized that even after washing my only suitable pair of boots still smelled like cat pee, decided not to let the boots win and wore them anyway, set out on subway for Penn Station
- Rode train to Newark, continually sniffed at Cat Boots and regretted my decisions not to bring any other footwear, checked in, went to gate, read first ten page of Freakanomics in airport newstand, fell asleep in pile with Scott for two hours
- Got on (un)surprisingly empty plane, enjoyed lavish Virgin Atlantic service and delicious sausages, watched "Inside Man" on tiny television, fell asleep, woke up, finished crocheting a giant sock, arrived in London
- Picked up luggage at carosel, discovered that tequila purchased for aegeus
had exploded all over our clothes, shoved newly alcoholic items into a plastic bag and reekingly departed from Heathrow
- Rode tube into London, was met by the lovely folk
at the station, drug things to his flat while apologising for Cat Boot, ate large amounts of orangey-blue cheese. (It was oddly green, but also delicious)
- Fell asleep before it got too insanely lateTuesday
- Woke up, ate Tesco breakfast (DELICIOUS YOGURT!), dropped boozy clothing at the cleaners, bought new trainers and shoved Cat Boots into the bottom of our backpack, set out for central London
- Arrived at Victoria Station, failed to get tickets for Wicked with folk
but managed to get a pair for Billy Elliot.
- Walked to the Tate Britain, took boat down the river to the Tate Modern, were kicked out at closing
- Grabbed dinner at Marks and Spencer, watched Billy Elliot, were thoroughly charmed
- Met up with folk
again, returned to his flat, ate unexpectedly delicious Chinese takeout.Wednesday
- Popped out to Boots while the boys were milling around, bought shampoo and body wash so mooching could be cut down to a minimum, returned home an alternate route and enjoyed looking at Incredibly English Row Houses while managing not to get lost
- TESCO BREAKFAST!
- Headed into the city again and made a beeline for the British Museum. Failed utterly to see even half of it in nearly five hours.
- Met up with aegeus
, grabbed snacks and coffee (I ate a side of Kimchee in five minutes and destroyed my stomach for an hour), returned to the Museum and had just started to get back into the swing of things when the galleries closed. Damn.
- Wandered down to Leicester Square (with brief recon mission to Forbidden Planet along the way) and met up with titanic_days
at Wagamama for dinner.
- Strolled over to gelatto place around the corner and ate gigantic piles of frozen caloric yumminess.
- Headed back to flat, wasted time on internet, planned for further adventures.